Purchasing Assistant – Construction – £26-35k – Staines-upon-Thames
Why this company?
If you want to work within a growing entrepreneurial construction business , working alongside an inspirational and supportive Managing Director where your voice is heard then this will be the role for you. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and people focussed business where there are exciting plans for 2021 and beyond. You will be working in a collaborative setting, with some great people with extremely low staff turnover, employee development is top of their list. You will be in trusted hands with your career.
What would make you a perfect fit?
If you are stuck in a bit of a rut, can’t see any progression and your current employer has no desire to develop you and your career then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This will be an ideal fit for a purchasing assistant ideally from a construction /engineering setting who is looking for that next career move. Also open to a commercial assistant, technical sales engineer or assistant QS looking to take their career path in a different direction.
Some of the key accountabilities will include: –
- Undertaking a range of purchasing activities including obtaining supplier prices, tendering negotiation and purchase order placement
- Raising purchase orders and placing orders with suppliers based in the UK and EU
- Tracking purchase order progress
- Manage and update weekly supplier stock sheets
- Assist with development of Pre-tender qualification submissions
- Assist in the procurement of plant and materials for various projects
Key Attributes & Experience :-
- Experience of working in a construction or engineering setting is preferred
- Working in a commercial contracts purchasing/procurement environment is advantageous
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to challenge suppliers
- Drive value for money and look for efficient ways of purchasing
- Excellent time management with the ability to work of your own initiative.
- Innovative ways of purchasing
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to understand purchasing needs to meet delivery targets
What’s on offer for you
Salary 26-35k, competitive pension scheme & holidays. The ability to progress in a growing business. A truly exciting role for someone looking for that next step on the career ladder where they can make a big impact. This would also be a wonderful opportunity for someone looking for that 2nd/3rd move who have felt restricted in a bigger company setting wanting to put their own stamp on things.
A note from us
We get so many applications that in some instances we are unable to offer individual feedback. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 5 working days. If you want to call us for a confidential chat about any other vacancies or some guidance, we are happy to help.
- Salary £25k-30k